March 6, 2007

We made it



Well, the flight out here was relatively painless. I got a lot of reading done in flight. Before the flight was were all the fun was though. Evidently I have something on my body that sets off metal detectors. After a few times of round trips through the security line without finding the culprit I was led aside where I was fully wanded and eventually frisked. And by frisked I mean I got the full frontal pat down. During this poor Stuart had all his possessions examined for about 5 minuets until a hidden lighter (that must have been his parents since he was borrowing their suitcase) was found and disposed of. After all that fun we finally arrived at our gate and had a quick lunch at Panda Express.

The flight was shorter then expected and once we landed we had little difficulty getting our luggage and heading to enterprise.

From there we all split up into our assigned vans and headed off to dinner. Justin and I are with Jason and Claire and Ken (pastor) and Kelli. We all kinda split up for dinner and Justin and I got our wish of having sushi, and boy was it great. We had two philadelphia rolls (salmon & cream cheese), one huge dragon roll (crab, avocado, & eel), two pieces of fatty tuna, and sake. Yes sake. We decided that you can only live life once and since neither of us had ever had it before we ought to together.

Now we are at our host home (the Carpenters) somewhere in between L.A. and Sun Valley. I would tell you more exactly but for some reason my GPS doesn't want to receive any signal here. Maybe in the morning I'll get it on the map for y'all. Until then I'll just have to say goodnight because I am starting to get mighty tired. So on behalf of Justin and I both. Goodnight!

-Matt-

1 comment:

Mama Jo - Head Cook said...

I hope ya'll have a great time! Kyle is very envious :)